*Starts singing* “…it’s Christmas tiiimmmeeee!” I know most people get in the holiday spirit November 1st but I usually save it for early December when it really starts to feel like Christmas. Since the first week of December is over it’s time to start the holiday baking! I was in the mood for gingerbread cookies and cardamom lattes but since I had all four wisdom teeth extracted a few days ago, I needed a cookie that would satisfy ALL my cravings. As much as I love crisp cookies I also love being able to eat when my jaw is stiff and sore, so I made these cookies super soft and chewy.
Nothing screams Christmas more than the smell of these cookies. When you bake them the house will fill up with the sweet and spicy smell of these cookies, sprinkle them with a little cinnamon sugar when they come out of the oven and you’re golden. I’m making these cookies as a new holiday tradition because they’re so damn easy to make!! During the holidays most people don’t really want to prepare elaborate 1000 step desserts when you have to worry about a bunch of other things am I right? This is why all my recipes in the next few weeks are going to be super easy but will still wow the crowd *satisfaction guaranteed*.
Here is the recipe:
Ginger Molasses Cardamom Cookies
320g (2-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
6g (1-1/2 tsp) baking soda
2g (1/2 tsp) salt
2g (1/2 tbsp) ginger
3g (1/2 tbsp) cardamom
2g (1 tsp) cinnamon
1g (1/2 tsp) cloves
pinch of black pepper
226g (1 cup) melted butter
280g (1 cup) brown sugar
85g (1/4 cup) molasses
45g (3 tbsp) sugar
4g (1 tsp) cinnamon
- Sift and whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, spices, and set aside.
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and molasses until no lumps remain.
- Add in the eggs and stir until fully corporated
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1hr or overnight. Make the cinnamon sugar (optional).
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Scoop your cookie dough with a small ice cream scoop or use two tablespoons to spoon the dough.
- Dip the cookie dough balls into cinnamon sugar and bake for 11-14 min depending on the size of your cookie dough balls. Check for doneness by looking for browning at the edge of the cookie and a matte finish on the cookie.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar (optional) and let cool before serving.
2 thoughts on “Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cardamom Cookies”
Echt klasse besonders das du Gram Angaben hast, so gut!
Pingback: Mont Blanc Pudding Cup Recipe – ally bakes