If you know me, you know I’ve been making cakes professionally for about six years now, but I began practicing at the young age of 15. I’ve loved cakes and cake decoration my whole life, making it natural that I start a home cakery for custom cakes. When the pandemic first hit, I declined orders in order to reduce the amount of going out and risk getting exposed to COVID19, but now that the lockdown has mostly been lifted I’ve decided to pick up a few orders again. Here are the recipes and the in-depth video tutorial for this most recent (and super cute) cake that I’ve made!
The link to the cream cheese frosting is here.
Mini Red Velvet Cake
This cake makes enough for 2 x 5″ round pans + 6 large cupcakes
93g (1/3 cup + 1-1/2 tbsp) soft butter
246g (2-1/4 cup) sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
5g (1 tsp) vanilla
262g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
5g (1 tsp) baking soda
5g (1 tsp) salt
32g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
20g (2 tbsp) red liquid food colour
193g (3/4 cup) milk
14g (1-1/2 tbsp) vinegar
- Grease and line your cake pans, and line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- In a stand mixer or medium mixing bowl with a paddle attachment or hand-mixer , cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and whip on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk and sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl or jug, mix the milk, vanilla, vinegar, and food colouring.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, mixing on low speed, add the liquids, and then the rest of the dry, mixing on medium-low speed until just combined.
- Fold to get the remaining dry ingredients and fully combine the batter.
- Divid into the tins, filling about 3/4 of the way, and fill the cupcake liners with an icecream scoop full of batter.
- Bake the cakes for 45-50min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 min or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool, frost with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!